SILENT VALLEY oPERATIONS UPDATES
Given the scope of the Covid-19 / Coronavirus response at the Local, State and National level, we continue to follow the lead of elected officials, who are in agreement with health officials as to the breadth and depth of the pandemic. We are asking for owner/members to adhere to the California State “Safer at home” mandate. However, if you choose to come to Silent Valley, we have made numerous operational changes to keep owner/members and team members safer.
Several changes to operations have already been announced, including:
- Closing of the Adult Center, Family Center, All pools/Jacuzzi, The Lounge and 4 of the 7 comfort stations.
- The Chuck Wagon is open for take-out/delivery and the General Store is open limited hours.
- Accounting is closed for walk-in traffic.
- ROD / RPI / Guest reservations have been temporarily suspended.
- Rental Trailers and Group Camping have been temporarily suspended.
- Towing is available on Mon, Tues, Thurs. and Fri.
As we look to the future, given the Federal mandate to extend stay at home measures through the end of April, and with an abundance of caution aimed at protecting Silent Valley team members, we will be making additional changes to operations:
- Starting on Tuesday, April 7th, Member Services will be closed to walk-in traffic, but we will still be available via telephone. We will be using a new procedure for site registration which will be explained upon arrival. You can make appointments for storage, sales, transfer, etc. by calling 951-849-4501. We have created an Information Board for commonly asked questions. The Board is located just outside the doors to Member Services. Reservations are still available to make over the phone.
- The Ranger Station will remain open, but we ask that you limit person to person contact to emergency issues only. Please use the phone for questions or non-emergency issues; 951-849-4501. Ranger Station Emergency Cellphone: 951-663-7193.
- Starting on Tuesday, April 7th, we will be limiting reservations to only 25% of park capacity or 212 sites.
- All playgrounds have been closed. If you wish to use the tennis courts, pickleball, miniature golf, etc.., we ask that you bring your own equipment. Silent Valley equipment will not be loaned out at this time.
- The General Store should be used sparingly for needed items. The store has a limit of no more than 5 people in the store at a time. Please adhere to these guidelines.
Clearly, Silent Valley operations are not “business as usual”. In the short term, we are operating as a park with campsites but few amenities.
For those using the park, we ask that you adhere strictly to social distancing and small group guidelines issued as part of California’s “Safer at Home” mandate.
We appreciate your understanding of these important changes to our operations, and are sure you’ll agree that the health and safety of our Owner/Members, their families and our amazing Silent Valley team members is of utmost importance.
We will continue to communicate additional changes if / when they become necessary, and look forward to the easing of this pandemic, and a resumption of all the amenities that make Silent Valley special.
Silent Valley Park Director
The Silent Valley Board of Directors